Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I have recently installed postfix server and have some questions about it: 1- How can I secure the relay on my server so I can send emails even if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix questions

Hello,

I have recently installed postfix server and have some questions about it:

1- How can I secure the relay on my server so I can send emails even if I'm not on the same LAN as my server?

2- What do you recommend as add-on server that would do pop3, imap and, optionnally, calendar?

My configuration is a Debian server with postfix, postfix uses system accounts, no mysql database is installed.

I tried installing squirrelmail but it won't work, which brings me to the 3d question, how do I remove squirrelmail?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bntlinux View Post
    Hello,

I have recently installed postfix server and have some questions about it:

1- How can I secure the relay on my server so I can send emails even if I'm not on the same LAN as my server?

2- What do you recommend as add-on server that would do pop3, imap and, optionnally, calendar?

My configuration is a Debian server with postfix, postfix uses system accounts, no mysql database is installed.

I tried installing squirrelmail but it won't work, which brings me to the 3d question, how do I remove squirrelmail?

to uninstall squirrelmail, you just need remove the squirrelmail folder inside the www root directory.

Thanks
    relayhosts = [domain.tld]

otherwise, better try to get your squirrelmail working! it's pretty easy actually. Extract & run /config/conf.pl
    Last edited by athlon_crazy; 12-30-2007 at 04:23 AM. Reason: additional