Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 2 servers with linux Debian First server is FTP with user accounts Second is storage I want to move the files from first to second server, but i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

2 servers with automatic redirect links

I have 2 servers with linux Debian
    First server is FTP with user accounts
    Second is storage
    I want to move the files from first to second server, but i want to have a redirect link from first to second server...

example:
    User uploading a file via ftp File1.ext1 in his account. After this he post in the forum that he is uploaded the file. After some hours somebody of the admins move File1.ext1 to the storage server. I want the links to be valid after the moving of the file. This process must be automatic. I have no idea is this can be realized.
    Some ideas?

Sorry for my bad english

dont worry about the english, a good chunk of LFDO dosn't have perfect english (myself included). your probably gonna have to write a script that creates a symlink whenever a file is moved. I dont know much scripting (and by that i mean next to none at all) but i would guess that you could either make a 'move' command that moves and replaces the onld file w/ a symlink to the new one. Hopefuly someone here has the scritpting skills to give you a better answer than that.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333