Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello to all again. I have registered a Domain name in ipowers.com so from ipower.com i have redirect it to the name servers that my ISP have give me to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question about apache and dns server.

Hello to all again.
    I have registered a Domain name in ipowers.com so from ipower.com i have redirect it to the name servers that my ISP have give me to use so that they can do relay dns to may public ip, in other words to my server.
    Little more explanation, the server of ipower ask me to put 2 dns server, the 2 dns server are now pointing to my public ip whit SOA, NS, and MX records. The soa and ns records are the nameserver that they own, the mx record is pointing to my server and there is an A record to mydomain.com pointing to my public ip.
    of core all this is in my isp domain name records. so my question is, how do i configure my server dns server to be the server.mydomain.com? and make it apache to open www.mydomain.com?
    i have follow the tutorial of howto configure the dns server and apache, but it does not work. i can make whois mydomain.com and have the answer that the server responsable is server.mydomain.com. it say that ipower.com is the server that answer to that domain. how can i do my server to answer the petitions for www.mydomain.com? Please. if some can help me i will appreciate a lot please help

I did the config for my domain too but using nameserver from freedns.afraid. As far as I know, the setting didn't involve your ISP dns. What I did :

- Point the domain to 2x nameserver provide by freedns.afraid.
    - point the domain to your dynamic/private IP in freedns.afraid.
    - add domain into /etc/hosts
    - Portforward your modem router
    - Wait for a while until your domain being update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_tekorei View Post
    Hello to all again.
    I have registered a Domain name in ipowers.com so from ipower.com i have redirect it to the name servers that my ISP have give me to use so that they can do relay dns to may public ip, in other words to my server.
    Little more explanation, the server of ipower ask me to put 2 dns server, the 2 dns server are now pointing to my public ip whit SOA, NS, and MX records. The soa and ns records are the nameserver that they own, the mx record is pointing to my server and there is an A record to mydomain.com pointing to my public ip.
    of core all this is in my isp domain name records. so my question is, how do i configure my server dns server to be the server.mydomain.com? and make it apache to open www.mydomain.com?
    i have follow the tutorial of howto configure the dns server and apache, but it does not work. i can make whois mydomain.com and have the answer that the server responsable is server.mydomain.com. it say that ipower.com is the server that answer to that domain. how can i do my server to answer the petitions for www.mydomain.com? Please. if some can help me i will appreciate a lot please help

Hey,

Add an entry in your /etc/hosts just as:-

your.public.i.p server.yourdomain.com
    After this ping your server.mydomain.com shud work.
    Regards,

who |grep -i blonde |
    date; cd~; unzip; touch;
    strip; finger; mount; gasp;
    yes; uptime; umount;
    sleep

Newbie clicks
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    ok, it the same, the diference is that i asked my isp to serve my domain as dns, the same as you did whit freedns.afraid.
    Now, the problem is that the dns of ipower.com it still have the record of the domain cdeonline.net pointing to its server tekorei.ipower.com, and the dns of my isp have it pointing to my ip. from time to time the traceroute cdeonline.net take you to ipower.com and 24 hours later take you to my ip.
    i have traying to reach ipower.com admin but they do not answer my emails. i need then to change they record to my ip, to buck up the dns of my isp, but there is no way to reach them.
    i have already change in my account in ipower.com the name servers to use, but tehy name servers still hve my domain pointing to it webpage service.
    some can give me a hand here?

Nothing you can do much unless you solve it with ipower.com first. Just wait the reply from them...