Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to linux. I decided to start a server using debian etch. i used the how -To's from the debian site. my problem is that on my own ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wink please Help me

I am new to linux. I decided to start a server using debian etch. i used the how -To's from the debian site. my problem is that on my own network i can connect to the placeholder page which tells me apache is working correctly. but from outside of my network i cannot. i registerd with dyndns and installed ddclient and copied the update config file to my ddclient.conf. i am using a linksys router with dd-wrt firmware which i set up a static ip address aswell as the port forwarding. i have no ideas left. and it is really frustrating me. it is possible that i got some of the conf files wrong. or maybe there is something to do with the firewall. i don't know. if anyone can shed lite on my problem them please respond. if you need more info to help just ask.

Thank you very much

try forwarding another port from your router to your linux machine.

and then on your debian install edit (unless you installed from source) /etc/apache2/ports.conf and change the number to the new port you forwarded from your router. restart apache and try from the outside again.

if this works then your isp has blocked port 80 so you can't setup a webserver.

if not then report back and will will try something else.

Just Joined!

no luck

i have had no luck changing the port. the version of apache is 1.3 here is a copy of some config files from apache maybe i did something wrong in them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close