Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello forum, I've got virtual min setup with 2 domains, let's say domain1.com and domain2.com along with their dns entries etc. I've setup 2 email accounts, admin@domain1.com and admin@domain2.com thourgh ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sendmail 'from' address

Hello forum,

I've got virtual min setup with 2 domains, let's say domain1.com and domain2.com along with their dns entries etc.
    I've setup 2 email accounts, admin@domain1.com and admin@domain2.com thourgh virtual min with usernames admin.domain1 and admin.domain2.
    When I'm logged in into the webmail (squirrelmail or any other imap software) with either admin.domain1 or admin.domain2 and try to sent an email it is always changes the from field to admin.domain1@hostname or admin.domain2@hostname rather the actual domain.
    Hostname is something like somename.myispname.com

Note that these domains point to a different IP as these are setup for testing prior to migration. However, I have setup Bind to listen on local dns (/etc/resolv.conf have 127.0.0.1 as 1st entry) and is resolving fine inside the machine.

Sendmail is configured manually and not via webmin or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Linux Engineer
    do you have sendmail configured at all to use $localdomain or $localhost? If you do you may need to reconfigure it without these values and instead specify the domains. Same is true for resolv.conf.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    Hello,

resolv.conf already have those entries. I have sendmail configured to look at local-host-names to get the domains from there.

This is happening only on any IMAP client. If I use pop it shows the email correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Linux Engineer
    Hmm, not sure, I use pop
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Hav you look into virtusertable? If yes, hav you run ~$: makemap hash command after user email creation? Paste your virtusertable if possible..