Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, so at my work we're considering migrating to SLES 10 w/ OES2 from our current netware servers. However, they want a demonstration of how it works, what it looks ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SLES 10/OES 2 Problem

Ok, so at my work we're considering migrating to SLES 10 w/ OES2 from our current netware servers. However, they want a demonstration of how it works, what it looks like, etc, etc. So that's what I'm working on, trying to get it to work. I've gotten SLES 10 on there fine and it works like a charm, however, they want to see the Novell side, and to the best I can tell, OES 2 has all the little Novell tools (NDS, etc). So I have OES 2 and have been trying to upgrade it, and it reads the disc fine, but whenever I select all Novell apps to add in, it keeps bringing up an error message about dependency issues, and in the end, I can't install anything. Has anyone done this before or have any experience working with SLES or OES? I'm not even 100% sure I'm doing things right, but from everything I've read, it seems I am. Thanks in advance,

Tyler D. Franklin

Patch it dude! Are you working on SLES 10 only or SLES 10 SP1?

1) Check your version first ~$: cat /etc/*-release

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586)
    VERSION = 10
    PATCHLEVEL = 1
    LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-noarch:core-3.0-noarch:core-2.0-ia32:core-3.0-ia32"
    Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (i586)
    VERSION = 2
    BUILD = FCS

2) If confirm SLES 10 SP1, install OES 2 from terminal ~$:yast
    -> Add-on Product - > OES 2

Just Joined!
    Ok, sorry, yes, I did install SP1 and have updated with everything out there. Still, it gives me all the dependency errors. I'll post a copy of all the dependency errors that I'm getting below.

Just to be a little more detailed about it, I'm trying to install the Novell Applications that come with OES 2 (edirectory, NDS, everything). A strange thing about this is that it doesn't actually list those services in the "patterns" selection, I have to go under "package groups" then to networking and Novell to see the services. And that's where I've been selecting them to install from and I get the dependency issues. Also, when I go to add-on and accept the agreement for OES 2, it says that the product is already installed or scheduled for install. I just really have no idea what the problem is. Maybe I should just wipe the drive and start over from scratch. This is just a test server and doesn't host anything important, so whatever the easiest way to get the solution, I'm willing to try. Thanks for all the help.

Here's the error list I get when trying to install the Novell products from OES2.

#### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2008-01-28 05:36:03 ####

CASA_auth_token_svc-1.7.1407-6.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of CASA for CASA_auth_token_svc-1.7.1407-6.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install CASA_auth_token_svc
    ( ) Ignore this requirement just here
    ifolder3-tsa-3.6.0.7261.1-2.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libsmsut.so.0 for ifolder3-tsa-3.6.0.7261.1-2.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install ifolder3-tsa
    novell-edirectory-tsands-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-edirectory-tsands-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-edirectory-tsands
    novell-imanager-2.7-75.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-nmasclient for novell-imanager-2.7-75.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-imanager
    novell-iprint-iprntman-6.0.20070912-2.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-filesystem for novell-iprint-iprntman-6.0.20070912-2.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-iprint-iprntman
    novell-iprint-migration-6.0.20070922-2.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-ncpserv-tools for novell-iprint-migration-6.0.20070922-2.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-iprint-migration
    novell-kerberos-authentication-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-kerberos-authentication-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-kerberos-authentication
    novell-kerberos-password-agent-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-ntls for novell-kerberos-password-agent-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-kerberos-password-agent
    novell-kerberos-server-base-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-kerberos-server-base-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-kerberos-server-base
    novell-kerberos-utilities-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-kerberos-utilities-1.5-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-kerberos-utilities
    novell-ncpenc-5.1.2-11.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libntls.so.2(OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER) for novell-ncpenc-5.1.2-11.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-ncpenc
    novell-ncpserv-nrm-2.0.1-3.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-libncputil for novell-ncpserv-nrm-2.0.1-3.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-ncpserv-nrm
    novell-NDSbase-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-NDSbase-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NDSbase
    novell-NDSimon-8.8.2-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-NDSimon-8.8.2-31.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NDSimon
    novell-NDSrepair-8.8.2-26.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-NDSrepair-8.8.2-26.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NDSrepair
    novell-NDSserv-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libxi18n.so for novell-NDSserv-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NDSserv
    novell-nmas-3.2.0-44.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-NDSmasv for novell-nmas-3.2.0-44.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-nmas
    novell-NOVLembox-8.8.2-29.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libsal.so.1 for novell-NOVLembox-8.8.2-29.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NOVLembox
    novell-NOVLice-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-NOVLice-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NOVLice
    novell-NOVLsnmp-8.8.2-35.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-NOVLsnmp-8.8.2-35.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NOVLsnmp
    novell-NOVLsubag-8.8.2-35.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-NOVLsubag-8.8.2-35.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-NOVLsubag
    novell-npkiapi-3.3.0-24.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-npkiapi-3.3.0-24.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-npkiapi
    novell-npkiserver-3.3.0-27.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-npkiserver-3.3.0-27.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-npkiserver
    novell-npkit-3.3.0-23.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-npkit-3.3.0-23.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-npkit
    novell-nrm-2.0-52.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-nrm-2.0-52.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-nrm
    novell-oes-install-1.6.0-24.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libldapsdk.so.0 for novell-oes-install-1.6.0-24.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-oes-install
    novell-sms-1.1.6-48.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libsmsut.so.0 for novell-sms-1.1.6-48.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-sms
    novell-sss-3.4.1-22.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libndssdk.so.1 for novell-sss-3.4.1-22.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-sss
    novell-web-base-2.2.0-21.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-filesystem for novell-web-base-2.2.0-21.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-web-base
    novell-welcomepage-2.2.0-58.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-web-config for novell-welcomepage-2.2.0-58.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install novell-welcomepage
    openldap2-2.3.32-0.23.i586 conflicts with other resolvables
    openldap2-2.3.32-0.23.i586 conflicts with: novell-NDSserv-8.8.2-70.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) delete openldap2
    ( ) do not install novell-NDSserv
    ( ) Ignore this conflict of openldap2
    pattern:directory_server-10-51.35.i586 cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of openldap2 for pattern:directory_server-10-51.35.i586
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) delete directory_server
    quickfinder-engine-3.0.0-39.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libnetlnx.so.1 for quickfinder-engine-3.0.0-39.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install quickfinder-engine
    quickfinder-server-5.0.0-46.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of CASA for quickfinder-server-5.0.0-46.i586[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install quickfinder-server
    yast2-novell-common-2.13.8-74.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of oes-release for yast2-novell-common-2.13.8-74.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install yast2-novell-common
    yast2-novell-schematool-2.13.1-33.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2] cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of novell-ntls for yast2-novell-schematool-2.13.1-33.noarch[Novell Open Enterprise Server 2]
    Conflict Resolution:
    ( ) do not install yast2-novell-schematool

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Could you identify which packages already installed?

The best way, just reinstall SLES 10 SP1 + add-on for OES2...

Just Joined!
    Ok, yea, at first I only installed the packages I was looking at using, but when I got the dependency problems, I just installed everything from SLES10, 100%, and still got the same problem, however, I think you're right, I just need to do a reinstall and do the add-on at the beginning and see what happens. I'll try that today or tomorrow and post my results.

Just Joined!

I might be an idiot...

Well, I think I figured out what my problem was, finally.

When i went to reinstall, I put the OES 2 disk in and selected it as an add-on product and was still getting the error messages, so I hopelessly was looking through the binder of software and found another OES 2 disk. I popped it in and voila! Turns out, the disk I was using was the x86 and the one that works is i386. Go figure, complicated Novell. I'm still installing, but at least it allowed me to select Novell Services and brought them up under the packages group. I'll post progress after I finish installing.