Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello forum, I have a mailing list with over 150k emails and currently testing phplist which takes ages to sent those emails. It is sending around 5k per hour at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mailing list with over 150k emails - Suggestions

Hello forum,

I have a mailing list with over 150k emails and currently testing phplist which takes ages to sent those emails. It is sending around 5k per hour at the best case.
    Server specs are fine as load never goes higher than 0.6-0.8 which means is a phplist issue.

I have also setup Sendmail to avoid doing dns lookups to speed up process.

However, does anyone know a mailing list software where it is able to handle that amount of emails?
    The ideal would be able to send 50k per hour on a Dual Core Duo Xeon 2.3GHz with 4GB of RAM and SCSI drives.

It is necessary to send html email as I am sending just an image in the body.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I was going to use poMMo (SourceForge.net: poMMo - The post modern Mass Mailer) but went with phpList instead, since it was just a little more fine-tuned It's been a year or so and I've heard there's been some improvements. This may be something to check out.

phpList is great for a few hundred...even a few thousand emails. We once sent out an email to like 25k and it took all day (literally). I've since broken the lists down and now they shoot out much quicker.
    I praise Webmin and PuTTy!
    Registered Linux User: 439431

Just Joined!
    I've already test phplist but is not able to handle so large mailing lists. It is fine with 30k but not with more as it needs ages to send them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close