Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, My website has been running very slowly for the last 7-8 days and I consulted my hosting company's support about what it is and how it can be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Runaway Process

Hello everyone,

My website has been running very slowly for the last 7-8 days and I consulted my hosting company's support about what it is and how it can be solved. After a few days, they replied to me, saying that the problem is caused by some runaway processes:

PROC_RUNAWAY: Runaways: /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld --defaults-extra-file=/usr/home/yildi2/var/mysql/my.cnf --basedir=/usr/local/mysql --d

As a person who knows nothing about mysql, I did not understand anything or how to solve the problem and I told them about this. They said they can not support me with scripting.

So, can someone help me by explaning the solution step by step? I really have no idea about whats going on

Thanks!

on a shared host I doubt that mysql (installed by them) is the problem.

So I would think you need to look at what scripts, pages, and/or services are accessing mysql and try and tweak that.

For example, I had a problem using roundcube (mail web interface) because it was hitting my sql in an undesired way. I removed that and changed to a non-mysql interface and didn't have any more problems. so take a look at what software you are running (like wordpress, postnuke,....) and first see if there are updates