Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am wondering if it is possible to mount an NFS drive within a SAMBA share so that a Windows client can view read-only the mounted component of the SAMBA ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HOWTO access a NFS mount within a SAMBA share from WINDOWS?

I am wondering if it is possible to mount an NFS drive within a SAMBA share so that a Windows client can view read-only the mounted component of the SAMBA share.

For example I have a SAMBA share called Software on Server X. Software has a path of /data/software. I am NFS mounting a dir from Server Y at Server X path /data/software/archive. On my windows client I am able to see the SAMBA share called Software, however I am unable to see the mounted NFS dir .

I have created a 2nd SAMBA share for the NFS mount on Server X, however this throws an error on my Windows machine saying I do not have the necessary permissions to view the directory.

How can I place mounted dir from a remote *nix server onto a SAMBA server share and have it accessible to Windows Clients? Or is there a better way?

Just Joined!

Mount the NFS directly to XP

I played with this for a while and got it working. You can just google for "mount NFS Share windows" or something along those lines and find how to access the NFS Share directly via Windows. It should solve your problem.
    Cheers