Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a linux newbie trying to set up a linux mail gateway. I have a small office, around 50 people. Currently our email is hosted by a commercial provider and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux mail gateway - help!

I'm a linux newbie trying to set up a linux mail gateway. I have a small office, around 50 people. Currently our email is hosted by a commercial provider and each of the 50 email clients in the office connects directly to the provider to send / receive email. What I would like to do is set up a mail gateway that downloads and distributes email from this provider (I guess I can use fetchmail or getmail for this) but I also would like something which will deliver emails within the LAN without the need of going to the internet when clients are in the office, but when sending email out to someone else outside I want the local mail gateway to send it to the providers smtp server rather than direct delivery. So I need a mail gateway setup rather than a full blown mail server. ie. I want everything to go through the provider. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Hi

Have you tried Qmail .... it is a mail server with very good documentation...

well u can use an imap server( free !!) to fetch mails from the provider...and can use squirrelmail ( an email client ) to get the mails from that imap server.

Just Joined!
    Hi everybody,

This is Sureshkumar i had tried that in sendmail,postfix,Exim
    If you got any doc's or sugguestion .... send this mail id : krisuresh001@gmail.com

am waiting for you reply

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nandadevi View Post
    I'm a linux newbie trying to set up a linux mail gateway. I have a small office, around 50 people. Currently our email is hosted by a commercial provider and each of the 50 email clients in the office connects directly to the provider to send / receive email. What I would like to do is set up a mail gateway that downloads and distributes email from this provider (I guess I can use fetchmail or getmail for this) but I also would like something which will deliver emails within the LAN without the need of going to the internet when clients are in the office, but when sending email out to someone else outside I want the local mail gateway to send it to the providers smtp server rather than direct delivery. So I need a mail gateway setup rather than a full blown mail server. ie. I want everything to go through the provider. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
    " I Have Been Successfully Configure Your Requirement Now Is Working "
    Did you configure that or otherwise scarp me will tell you man
    This is E-mail id : krisuresh001@gmail.com