Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I am a Newbie so if I am posting in the wrong area please re direct me. I have installed the Egroupware rpm for Suse (as I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Egroupware

Hi All,

I am a Newbie so if I am posting in the wrong area please re direct me.

I have installed the Egroupware rpm for Suse (as I am using Opensuse 10.3) It installed beautifully. However, I am not able to adjust preferences etc... once I am logged in. I am assuming it is a permissions issue. My dilemma is this... exactly what folders do I adjust permissions on without opening up my server and making it vulnerable? Perhaps someone can direct me to a website which contains some instructions for suse egroupware setup. The Egroupware site is vague and geared more towards the tarball setup, Suse's setup from the rpm appears to be quite different

r u sure you login into EGW using admin account?(the one u create during installation)

Just Joined!

Egw

That's a good question. It was an RPM install. That said, I have tried to login as root, my normal everyday user and I also tried my admin PHP account (as it is different) and none of these worked. Is there perhaps a default EGW admin account that I do not know about? Also, I see all administration functions as my regular user...but they do not save (perhaps this is normal for a standard user). You may be on the right track here.

I should note that I have checked the permissions and my web user and group have right access from the egroupware folder on downward.