Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I need to recompile PHP, except this time adding IMAP, Mcrypt, and MCAL. I understand I run the same command as before except add these new modules to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compiling PHP

Hi,

I need to recompile PHP, except this time adding IMAP, Mcrypt, and MCAL.

I understand I run the same command as before except add these new modules to be compiled, so I type:
    './configure' '--host=i386-redhat-linux' '--build=i386-redhat-linux' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--disable-debug' '--enable-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-bz2' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-ncurses' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex=system' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-pear=/usr/share/pear' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-snmp=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--enable-mcal' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
    and add the imap, mcrypt, and mcal.

But I am unsure where to run this, presumably in the php folder but whats that, and where is the CONFIGURE file?

Cheers

Graham

Linux Guru
    Instructions for Apache 1.3x and Apache 2.x.

You will of course need to download php first from the downloads page on php.net

Jason

Just Joined!
    Jason,

I understand that, but my apache and php is already installed and fully wokring. I need to add imap support so I can get squirrelmail working and also mcrypt and mcal for horde. What I don't understand is where I run the command, as it is all currently there and I am not reinstalling, or do I have to download php and recompile it with all the make and make install as I just gt the impression as it was already installed I just re ran .configure with the new options.

Thanks

Graham

Just Joined!

I was able to use this for IMAP

yum install php-imap

I was able to do that for a few things, so far i cant do it for mcrypt.