Find the answer to your Linux question:
this may sound crazy, but does any1 know anyway to get a free domain? a real one too, i.e. www.some-web-site.com...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Free Domain?

this may sound crazy, but does any1 know anyway to get a free domain? a real one too, i.e. www.some-web-site.com

not that i know of but you can get them for pretty cheap these days. there are some sites that will give members a free domain if they reach a certain post count but i dont know i would just go pay for it. you can get them for like under 10 bucks

or there are hosting companies that if you buy hosting for a year or something they will let you get a domain for free
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    i don't know of anyplace either to get a free domain name. but i bet if you looked around in http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ they would be able to answer this type of question better than most of us could.

.com is more expensive, but daddy somthing .com is having a sale on .us like 2 buckd for a year, if you can afford that, thats probably a safe bet.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    www.dot.tk

It's a free domain (www.yoursite.tk) however it sucks because all it does is put your site into a frame, so all the time your url is www.yoursite.tk it just puts your original site in a frame...