Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi , i am using fedora 7 ....i want to configure my system as router......i am confused in "default gateway" that i need to enter in /etc/sysconfig/network file.....i system when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unable to configure ROUTER

hi ,

i am using fedora 7 ....i want to configure my system as router......i am confused in "default gateway" that i need to enter in /etc/sysconfig/network
    file.....i system when connected to network has ip 172.16.95.198.....when it just on the lan but not connected to internet it's ip address is 192.168.1.50.......what ip address i need to enter in iptable to forward packets....plz help

Just Joined!
    Usually you don't need to enter anything for 'default gateway' because your router IS the Internet gateway. Only put in an IP address if your ISP requires you to set that in your internet connection settings.

Here's a great guide for creating your own home router with Linux:
    Gentoo Linux Documentation -- Home Router Guide

I just saw that link and read over it. Great info! I also found one that is a little more geared towards RPM based distros.

This might have some other information for you.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.