Hi I'm trying to get postfix working with smtp authentication using sasl.

I have the following packages installed:
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-18.4

I have recompiled postfix by doing the following:
<postfix src dir># make tidy
blah
blah
blah
<postfix src dir># make makefiles CCARGS="-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/include/sasl" AUXLIBS="-L/usr/lib -lsasl2" (I have checked these are the correct dir's)
blah
blah
blah
<postfix src dir># postfix stop
<postfix src dir># make install
blah
blah
blah
(and all seems okay to this point)

I then add the following lines to the /etc/postfix/main.cf file
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination

Then I start postfix again and to test, I try telnet the localhost on port 25 so I can run an ehlo command and see if AUTH is there. But, when I do this it just hangs.

Soooooooooooo I checked the logs and it can't spawn the smtp daemon (as below):
Mar 18 23:30:35 mailserver postfix/smtpd[3680]: warning: unsupported SASL server implementation: cyrus
Mar 18 23:30:35 mailserver postfix/smtpd[3680]: fatal: SASL per-process initialization failed
Mar 18 23:30:36 mailserver postfix/master[3528]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 3680 exit status 1
Mar 18 23:30:36 mailserver postfix/master[3528]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

I am having this same problem in both FC6 and Suse Enterprise 10.

Any ideas? The CBT I am following for this shows this up and running (with suse)Hi I'm trying to get postfix working with smtp authentication using sasl.

I have the following packages installed:
cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.21-18.4
cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-18.4

I have recompiled postfix by doing the following:
<postfix src dir># make tidy
blah
blah
blah
<postfix src dir># make makefiles CCARGS="-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/include/sasl" AUXLIBS="-L/usr/lib -lsasl2" (I have checked these are the correct dir's)
blah
blah
blah
<postfix src dir># postfix stop
<postfix src dir># make install
blah
blah
blah
(and all seems okay to this point)

I then add the following lines to the /etc/postfix/main.cf file
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_unauth_destination

Then I start postfix again and to test, I try telnet the localhost on port 25 so I can run an ehlo command and see if AUTH is there. But, when I do this it just hangs.

Soooooooooooo I checked the logs and it can't spawn the smtp daemon (as below):
Mar 18 23:30:35 mailserver postfix/smtpd[3680]: warning: unsupported SASL server implementation: cyrus
Mar 18 23:30:35 mailserver postfix/smtpd[3680]: fatal: SASL per-process initialization failed
Mar 18 23:30:36 mailserver postfix/master[3528]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 3680 exit status 1
Mar 18 23:30:36 mailserver postfix/master[3528]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

I am having this same problem in both FC6 and Suse Enterprise 10.

Any ideas? The CBT I am following for this shows this up and running (with suse).