Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a small office network with 10 WinXP Pro workstations and a Win2K Server with Active Directory. I'm experimenting with a little dual Pentium 2 with 448MB RAM and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

NEED HELP WITH SQL SERVER!!!

I have a small office network with 10 WinXP Pro workstations and a Win2K Server with Active Directory. I'm experimenting with a little dual Pentium 2 with 448MB RAM and SuSE 9.0 Pro to see if we can migrate from 2K to Linux. Actually, we have no need of Domain Controllers so I have setup a simple samba server, just to share a folder for the public files. We also use an ERP program (Unisoft Atlantis) that requires SQL Server. I can migrate the database from MS-SQL Server to any other dbserver but I cannot make Atlantis work. I tried MySQL, Postgre, Interbase and DB2. MySQL is more simple and the ODBC driver says it connects to the server, but Atlantis Client cannot. Atlantis has a setup tool were you can setup the dbserver to use, usernames etc. It has native support for MSSQL, ORACLE, Interbase and DB2. It's written in Delphi so it supports BDE. I can tell it to use MySQL via BDE and it says it can connect to the server but when I start the client it opens and waits forever without even an error message. I'm desperate and I started thinking to install MS SQL Server on SuSE with WINE! I don't know if it's possible, but I have tried a lot of crazy things...

Just Joined!
    Forgot to mention....I'M A NEWBIE!