Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I'm using a dedicated remote server that runs Fedora. On my website people upload images to be printed onto canvas. I am having problems downloading the images with FTP. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apache owns my uploaded files.

Hi. I'm using a dedicated remote server that runs Fedora.

On my website people upload images to be printed onto canvas. I am having problems downloading the images with FTP. I am getting a permission denied error.

I know permissions should be pretty simple, but I am working on a need to know basis and permissions hadn't been an issue until now. I can't learn everything about Linux (as much as I would like to, and I do as much as I can in my own time). At work I only have time to muddle along and get the website working.

ls -l shows that Apache is the owner of the uploaded files. How can I get an FTP user to have access only to the uploads directory and have the correct permissions to download the images.

Would I have to make the FTP user a member of the apache group?

Thanks

Just Joined!
    please ignore the above. I just realised I should use CHMOD() in the PHP upload script to set the permissions there for the uploaded file. Just did it and it's all good now.