Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi! Lakshmipathi, I have read some of your suggested articles. When I use telnet to check my connection, the result is # telnet mydomain.selfip.com 25 Trying 218.254.xxx.xx... Connected to mydomain.selfip.com. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Hi! Lakshmipathi,

I have read some of your suggested articles. When I use telnet to check my connection, the result is

# telnet mydomain.selfip.com 25
    Trying 218.254.xxx.xx...
    Connected to mydomain.selfip.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.5/8.12.5; Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:46:17 +0800
    quit
    221 2.0.0 localhost.localdomain closing connection

It seems to be OK for internal mail delivery but if I want to receive mail from yahoo mail, should the
    response be "220 mydomain.selfip.com ........"?

In addition, I use dynamic IP and without any MX record. Should MX record be made in my case ?
    Somebody said that for dynamic IP, no need to create MX record. Is that true?

Furthermore, both "mydomain.selfip.com" and "mail.mydomain.selfip.com" can be resolved to same dynamic IP.

Please let me know your opinion on this issue. Thanks!
    Alex

Exclamation

sorry for delayed reply.
    I used to send a mail from my linux server to gmail or yahoo ...[i suggest you try with gmail first]Is that one working (ie) sending a mail from your linux machine to gmail?
    I never tried to send a mail from yahoo to my server.--so sadly got no idea about that one.
    If i'm not wrong - you a domain with a proper MX record.
    Which you can ping or dig from outside world.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2