Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im racking up quite a list of hosted services: Apache/php, smtp, pop3, imap, ftp, mysql, and most of them have an optional s at the end i.e. https, imaps.... It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

more on mail servers...

Im racking up quite a list of hosted services:
    Apache/php, smtp, pop3, imap, ftp, mysql, and most of them have an optional s at the end i.e. https, imaps.... It is a challenge getting them all to work together. Apache/php works fine and squirrelmail works for the most part. Smtp works fine, i can auth to it and send mail. Pop is useless, it doesnt work (i think b/c of imap.) Anyways, the proplems that i would like to fix are imap related. I have qmail, vpopmail, and courier-imap installed. So, I can send messages from evolution via smtp but pop doesnt get new mail and I cant auth. myself to imap. Squirrelmail can get new messages via imap but cant send. How can i fix this?

**sorry for the long rant & if it is confusing. my brain is frizzled from trying to fix it**