Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I want to execute programs on remote XP clients from Linux server can I do it without using ssh like programs(this require to install client software on the remote ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux server and Winows Client

Hi
    I want to execute programs on remote XP clients from Linux server can I do it without using ssh like programs(this require to install client software on the remote systems) ? XP to XP has Pstools? What about in Linux ?

Regards,
    Esamarakoon

Do you not want to (or are not allowed to) install any software at all on your Windows machine? Is that the issue?

If you can install something on the Windows machine, I would thoroughly recommend the Cygwin environment, which includes an excellent version of SSH. Cygwin optionally includes an X server, though I've never used it.

Also, there is a separate X server for Windows that I haven't used either, but I hear it's good, Xming.

But if you really can't install any software at all, then the only option you have is to use a web browser (even that horrible Internet Explorer) to access web apps running on the Linux box.

I thought I remembered that TightVNC has a mode that runs in a browser, but I don't find any reference to it now.

There's also FreeNX and other NoMachine software that you could check out. I don't know much about it.