Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, does anybody can tell me how can i configure Linux Slackware with VoIp telephony, you know, use with public ip, and talk with another telephone, with linux server to.. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Voip Telephony Slackware 11.0

Hello, does anybody can tell me how can i configure Linux Slackware with VoIp telephony, you know, use with public ip, and talk with another telephone, with linux server to..

Thankyou very muchh

Reguards

Quote Originally Posted by alternativi View Post
    Hello, does anybody can tell me how can i configure Linux Slackware with VoIp telephony, you know, use with public ip, and talk with another telephone, with linux server to..

Thankyou very muchh

Reguards
    I'm not 100% sure what your question is. But here are some answers to viop questions.

There are at least a couple of ways to use viop from your Linux system.

Using a softphone such as Kiax, Linphone X-lite or Twinkle will give you a functional voip telephone using a headset plugged into your computer, or a mike and speakers. However to make calls over the pots system (plain old telephone system) you need a voip provider. Forget Vontage. There are a lot of them out there, pick one and sign up. They cost from a few $$ a month to big bucks.

An alternative which I also use is Skype. In the US and Canada you can get unlimited calling to the US and Canada for $29.95 per year using just a headset and your computer. No softphone necessary. Just install Skype. They also have reasonable rates for overseas dialing.

I'm sure there are other options, but those are the two I've used and have had good success with either. Neither are dependent on the Linux distro used.

Jim.

Just Joined!
    To do it from scratch on Slackware is a complicated process using Asterisk. Using Trixbox though is a cake walk. Although you will a need a SIP trunk... or some gateway.