Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm running CentOS 5 with suPHP in FastCGI mode. PHP 5.2.5. For some reason the custom php.ini is not loading from within the current directory. I've setup my server ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PHP4 & PHP5 custom php.ini file not loading

Hello,

I'm running CentOS 5 with suPHP in FastCGI mode. PHP 5.2.5.

For some reason the custom php.ini is not loading from within the current directory.

I've setup my server to host shared hosting plans and I would like the ability for each account to have a custom php.ini file load when the want. However, regardless of the version that is loaded (4 or 5) of php, the default php.ini file for PHP5 loads (/usr/local/php5/cgi/php.ini)

I cannot seem to get the php.ini fille to load from the current directory.

Can someone please help me with this?

Also... If it is possible, I would like it to load recursively from the directory ABOVE the /home/username/public_html location. I want to be able to have it not accessible from the internet if possible.

Please help!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jim.thornton View Post

However, regardless of the version that is loaded (4 or 5) of php, the default php.ini file for PHP5 loads (/usr/local/php5/cgi/php.ini)

I cannot seem to get the php.ini fille to load from the current directory.

If i understand your problem correctly,by default ,you are using php.ini - but you want to use php.ini file found in

/some/directory/path/php.ini

If so , Check your environmental variables $PATH whether
    /usr/local/php5/cgi/ comes in front of /some/directory/path/.

If you have .bash_profile file

open the file
    Code:
    vi ~/.bash_profile
    Then add the following line:

Code:
    PATH=/some/directory/path : $PATH
    export PATH
    Now check output of the echo $PATH and make sure your desired directory listed before default path /usr/local/php5/cgi/

HTH
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Not exactly.

By default I want to use PHP5. I want the ability for somone to run PHP4 when needed. This works fine, they can activate php4 by either using .php4 extensions or they can AddHandler and AddType to the .htaccess file to use PHP4.

That works fine.

I've had a hosting plan in the past that if you placed a php.ini file in the directory that your script is executed then PHP will use the local config file instead of the default (/usr/local/php5/cgi/php.ini).

I want my installation to behave like this. But, when I place a php.ini file into the local directory, it isn't loading it for some reason.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close