Find the answer to your Linux question:
So, I have my picture server at home, with about 50-100Gb of pictures and mp3s (mostly pictures) that would mean my life if I lost them. (As in the wife ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question Offsite backup software for my server

So, I have my picture server at home, with about 50-100Gb of pictures and mp3s (mostly pictures) that would mean my life if I lost them. (As in the wife would commit much nastiness.)

I've been looking at NAS solutions, and figure a 1Tb job will do me well for time to come. However, it doesn't help if the house burns down and it's sitting next to my server.

So, I'm asking, if I bought one of these, and set it up at my brothers house (who runs a linux web server as well) and we both have broadband, is there software that will let me set up automatic backups? Or will I have to do some scripting and FTP setup?
    'Linux is like a swiss army knife. Yet it never gets that "I'm bloated and need suspenders" feeling.' - www.arkaoss.com

oz
    forum.guy
    If I'm understanding your question properly, there are definitely some apps that will help you do what you want. Check here for some options:

Backup & Recovery | Linux App Finder

Some of these offer the opportunity to backup to offsite servers. I'm not sure which ones might offer auto backup options.
    oz