Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I have a Postfix server serving about 10 clients on a network. What I want to end up with is a copy of every email sent externally to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Postfix - bcc on all mail going out externally

Hi all

I have a Postfix server serving about 10 clients on a network. What I want to end up with is a copy of every email sent externally to automatically bcc to an email address which i have set up (on a different domain). I know there's an option on the Webmin config for Postfix to bcc all mail to an address but i think this will include all internal mail also. Any suggestions on how to get it to bcc for just external mail?

thanks

What you want to do is very questionable in terms of ethics. I would forget about doing something like this unless you live in a communist country. The backlash wouldn't be worth it when the people find out and then there is the legal question of doing this.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    What you want to do is very questionable in terms of ethics. I would forget about doing something like this unless you live in a communist country. The backlash wouldn't be worth it when the people find out and then there is the legal question of doing this.
    for some situations it is necessary to be compliant to certain regulations.

Postfix Address Rewriting

I would make sure this is for regulatory purposes and not just because someone wants to be able to read everyones email.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close