Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings, I am looking for a web based presentation application similar to Dimdim. I have downloaded the VMWare appliance for Dimdim, but it will not use Desktop Sharing in Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Presentation software

Greetings,

I am looking for a web based presentation application similar to Dimdim. I have downloaded the VMWare appliance for Dimdim, but it will not use Desktop Sharing in Linux (Fedora 8 or Ubuntu 8.04), nor will it properly share PDF documents. It reduces fonts to wing-dings.

Anyways, I am now wondering if anyone else out there knows of an FOSS application, preferably with a VMWare VM download, that will allow Linux users to share desktop applications. It doesn't matter if the presenter has to install a piece of software, but the viewers should just need their web browser!

It would be nice if it were OS neutral, as some people joining would be running Windows...

Ultimately, all we want to do is load a PDF file, which allows the presenter to flip through it and just have each page (and a mouse pointer) display on the audience web browser... Just like watching TV.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Hello,

Thank you for trying out Dimdim & reporting this issue. Can you please send me a sample pdf which did not work in your setup. My email is uday(at)dimdim.com Also it would help if you can mention how the pdf was created - so I can reproduce the issue in our test labs.

Regards,
    Uday
    Dimdim Support

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim_uday View Post
    Can you please send me a sample pdf which did not work in your setup.
    I cannot forward you a copy of a pdf. Any of the reports I can run are confidential and cannot leave the company.

I can tell you any PDF that is produced by Crystal Reports seems to cause this issue. We've tried various fonts, etc...

Thanks.