Find the answer to your Linux question:
Everytime I restart my Linux box, I cant view my Samba share from windows after the restart. In order to view the samba share again from windows I have to: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba settings not noticed after restart/shutdown

Everytime I restart my Linux box, I cant view my Samba share from windows after the restart. In order to view the samba share again from windows I have to:

- open the Samba window in Linux
    - select the directory im trying to share (it is still visible after the restart, i dont have to re-enter it)
    - click properties
    - and then click ok without making any changes

After I do this I can access my samba share from windows. Its easy to view my samba share from windows again but it is a pain to do the above steps everytime I restart. When i restart my windows box I can still access the samba share after. Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a easy way to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help.

What distro are you running? It could simply be a case of the service not starting at boot.

Just Joined!
    Im using Redhat Linux 2.6.9-67.0.4.ELhugemem Scientific Linux SL release 4.2 (Beryllium)

Is there a command or window where I can view if the service is starting at boot?

Thanks