Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I'm currently working on a machine at work that previously had Apache and PHP installed. The original apache server was switched off. I then installed LAMPP on the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Conflicting PHP installations?

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a machine at work that previously had Apache and PHP installed. The original apache server was switched off.

I then installed LAMPP on the machine. Everything seems to be working. but it seems that PHP 4 is running instead of PHP 5 (which is what my LAMPP package contains). Running 'php' in the console shows that its executing PHP 4.

Whats the best way to resolve this issue? I'm thinking of uninstalling the orginal Apache server and PHP installation altogether.

How can I remove the original PHP installation? Thanks in advance for your help, guys.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    What Linux distribution are you using and how were the apache and php packages installed (i.e. package manager, source etc).

Just Joined!
    hi daark.child,

I've actually just resolved the problem. I found an alternative PHP extension that was supported under PHP4.

Thanks very much for your help tho!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close