Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, Is there a way to convert a MySQL dump file to MS Access? I don't have access to the MySQL server, just the dump file. Otherwise some other reader ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    RAH
    Just Joined!

Question MySQL > Access

Hello,

Is there a way to convert a MySQL dump file to MS Access? I don't have access to the MySQL server, just the dump file. Otherwise some other reader program which displays the table layouts etc would be good.

I've read that you can run an SQL query in Access somehow and do it that way. Not sure how.

Thanks.

Linux User
    I am not familiar with myslqdumps, because plain exports give me all the control I need. However in Access, if you create a query, you can also see its SQL implementation: select New query, which will open up a graphical window in which you can click to create a bogus query (if you have already tables, else you need to create those too), then click SQL to see the underlying SQL. In your case it may not work however, because Access does not recognise the semicolon, so you cannot enter multiple queries. The least you can do is create the tables to see what the database looks like.
    An alternative is to use macros in Access which can do script calls, but that is out of scope of this forum.

Linux Newbie
    bigunix.blogspot.com
    Registered Linux User: #476440

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close