Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm newbie in linux,n i'm using ubuntu hardy. I've installed apache from d dvd repository n succeed. Then i run d apache using comand sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start,it started. But when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need apache config

I'm newbie in linux,n i'm using ubuntu hardy. I've installed apache from d dvd repository n succeed. Then i run d apache using comand sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start,it started. But when i try to connect localhost d browser said that it was ofline,it also happenned when i changed d address to cPanelŽ or cPanelŽ so i tried to set up d configuration file like i ever did in my prev os(windows),but i was surprise that d httpd.conf was empty,there's not any text in it. But theres also apache2.conf that seemed like d config file to me. Wat makes me more confused,theres nothing like servername,document root,ifmodule,or longer configuration like i ever found in windows. Can anyone help please??

Linux Newbie
    Do you use a proxy server? If you use check your browser configuration so that it does not use proxy for local servers. Also, Ubuntu has a graphical tool on System->Administration->Services to start and end services.

Just Joined!
    I use direct internet connection,but still it doesnt work.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi pedroezsa and welcome to the forums. I just last week got my Apache server up and running and went through similar problems. It may not be for everyone but to me, Webmin made my job a whole lot easier with Apache to get my website up and going. I hope it helps you too.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Thanx 4 d advice,i'll try it after downloading it right away. Well,but it's solved anyway,silly prob actually the config was absolutely right,d apache was running,and i just forget to check d work offline mode in d browser - lol
    Got to b more careful next time.