Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a SAMBA server set up to be accessed by all the Windows XP computers on our LAN. I login each computer as administrator to access a program on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SAMBA Access denied from Windows XP box

I have a SAMBA server set up to be accessed by all the Windows XP computers on our LAN. I login each computer as administrator to access a program on the SAMBA server. I am able to do execute the program from all of my Windows XP boxes except two.
    Those two XP boxes allow me to go into the SAMBA drive but give me access denied when I try to execute certain programs.
    I am logging in with the same administrator account as I am on all the others that work. All the permissions from one XP box to the next are exactly alike, but two of them are giving me access denied.

you sure that the windows firewall isn't on on those two machines? I had a similar problem and it ended up being the horrible firewall that windows uses

Just Joined!

Still getting access denied

I turned off the firewall on one of the machines and still got access denied. The file I am trying to execute is a .tcl file. I was able to install tcl using the install program from the Samba server to the computer however I am unable to execute the .tcl programs with "access denied"

Just Joined!

Found the Problem

I found why I was getting access denied. The tcl install was bad. All the files and folders showed up, all permissions were the same. However when I tried to execute the tcl demos I was told that the file did not exist, but I could see the file. I decided to go ahead and uninstall tcl and reinstall it. It was in the control panel/add remove programs but when I tried to unistall it, it said that it did not exist and did I want to remove the entry from the add/remove programs list. I removed it from the list, brought up the start/programs/tcl and uninstalled it from there also then I reinstalled tcl and I was able finally execute my tcl program from the SAMBA server.