Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me figure out why I am having the problem I am having. I have setup a Centos5 server running postfix and am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Relay access denied SMTP 554 error

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me figure out why I am having the problem I am having.

I have setup a Centos5 server running postfix and am using ispconfig with its mail program Ubeimiau. I have my Internet currently with Telstra.

I have configured smart host for smtp relaying as Telstra Block port 25 but my problem is in reverse. I am able to sent emails out for example I can send an email to muy hotmail account and get it in hotmail within seconds. However is I reply to the email or if I create a new email within hotmail for example within about 1 min the email bounces back to hotmail with the following error.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 <email address>: Relay access denied initially when I was making changes to my main.cf file for postfix I was able to receive emails from hotmail for example but not able to sent however once I have configured the Smart host the problem seems to have happend in reverse.

Is there any one out there with experience in Linux and postfix who may have seen a problem like this and can help.

I forgot to mention I cant send messages within the local domain either.

Thanks
    ikhan42
    Last edited by ikhan42; 08-30-2008 at 01:15 AM. Reason: adding info

Linux Newbie
    hello,

The problem is hot mail considers your mails junk mail check your logs ...if
    that is the problem you are facing ... there is no solution for it ..
    Regards
    David Anand
    -->Success is the list of failures ...!!!