My problem is that I don't know how to setup user accounts in vsftpd AND stipulate which folders they can and cannot access.

Further explanation...

First off, I tried searching for my problem on these forums and couldn't find it. So I am creating a new thread.

I installed vsftpd via Synaptic today. CLI is cool, but time consuming. And I can't edit my FTP server from outside my network that way. So I installed Webmin and then installed the vsftpd webmin module. Using the webmin interface, I am able to edit my FTP server settings. However, I can not create user accounts. The user accounts for the server are my distro user accounts. i.e. /home/kevpclos = FTP UN: kevpclos.

I am fine with that since the main reason for my server is my personal convenience. However, I like to share files with a couple of my friends. One of them was setting all this up with me today. So I created a user account on PCLOS for my buddy and then he used that to log in to my ftp server. The only problem was that he could see and access my home folder from his account on the FTP server.

When I had windows on my computer, my ftp server was FileZilla. As you all know, I could create ftp users and assign folders to their account. These users could only see those folders.

So my question is, how do I set that up on vsftpd?