Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

Server Virtualization

Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experience. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization preferred over the other. - Thanks for your help

VMWare doesn't really mind what operating system you are using and the same could be said of Microsoft virtualization. I haven't used Citrix for virtualization but I have used it for terminal services and it is great. Microsoft'ss Terminal Server and Remote Desktop products are based on it.

By Red Hat Virtualization what do you mean? Doesn't Red Hat use Xen/KVM like any other distro? Actually they bought kvm just today.

KVM is great and doesn't seem to mind too much what operating system its running but Xen requires (or at one point required) the guest system to be modified.

What kind of system are you looking to implement? That could help a lot with the advice given.

Linux Newbie
    hello,

try openvz that will help you an balanced server ...so that you maintain the
    virtual servers very easy and you can create lot of templates out of openvz...
    Regards
    David Anand
    -->Success is the list of failures ...!!!