Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All We have a windows 2003 ADS server running as a domain controller and a Linux server running as a samba file server but not a PDC. It is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samba Share

Hi All

We have a windows 2003 ADS server running as a domain controller and a Linux server running as a samba file server but not a PDC. It is just a member of a windows domain

The shares of this samba server can be accessed by any of the windows client machines in the domain.

i wish to store the users roaming profiles on the samba servers shares, since it has a large capacity drive.

The problem i am facing is that when a user who's roaming profile is enabled , logs on to the domain, the profile dir fails to get created.

If i change the roaming profile path to a windows system, it works fine, but when i set it to the Linux samba share, it fails to load the profile on the samba share

any help will really be appreciated on this

thanking you all in advance

Just Joined!

Samba Share

Thanks for yr reply.

But when a directory access a samba share from a windows client, I am able to access and create data on it.
    This problem arises only during logon time when windows attempts to copy or load the users roaming profile from the samba share.

Just Joined!
    Thanks every one I got this sloved

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close