Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 2 of 2
We recently updated our postfix installation (v2.5.4) so we could incorporate milters. Upon activating the following lines in the config file, we found our headers being screwed up on emails: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2

    Postfix Milter Problem


    We recently updated our postfix installation (v2.5.4) so we could incorporate milters. Upon activating the following lines in the config file, we found our headers being screwed up on emails:

    Code:
    milter_default_action = tempfail
    smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8092
    The headers end up with a '0' (zero) in them right after the "Subject:" header which causes postfix to insert a blank line before the '0' and begin processing the rest of the message as the body. This causes further headers input our scanning software to be shown directly in the body of the message.

    Example:

    Code:
    Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:23:58 -0400
    From: Adam <****@*****.***>
    Organization: Blah
    User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (X11/20080915)
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    To: Adam <*****@*****.****>
    Subject: test
    
    0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-jsausa-MailScanner-Information: JSA Mailscanner
    X-jsausa-MailScanner: Found to be clean
    X-jsausa-MailScanner-SpamCheck: 
    X-MailScanner-From: adam@jsausa.com
    X-MailScanner-To: refurbished@gmail.com
    
    test
    We've tried a header_checks rule looking for a header beginning with a zero:

    Code:
    /^0/     IGNORE
    Needless to say, that did not work. We've also tried numerous other configs that did not work. If anyone has encountered this before or has any insight, please post!

    Thank you!
    Adam

  2. #2
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Further research and testing found that it was actually MailScanner that was screwing up the headers. Apparently there was a file locking issue and two programs (our mail archiving software MailArchiva and our scanning software MailScanner) were trying to write headers in the same file at the same time. Hope this helps someone down the road.

    Adam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •