Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, i currently have a nitix server (i don't know just how popular nitix is but just so you know, it's pretty much a plug and play server.) and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nitix "upgrade" help

Hey everyone, i currently have a nitix server (i don't know just how popular nitix is but just so you know, it's pretty much a plug and play server.) and they are wanting me to "upgrade." This "upgrade" doesn't have user security... That's not gonna fly... And they want to charge me $1,600 for it... in short i want to try something new, preferably open source. I need imap, file sharing, internet sharing, and i would like a web site that i can control the entire server with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Just Joined!

Nitix "upgrade" help

Hey Jeremy,

Nitix was acquired by IBM back in January 08, Lotus Foundations
    1-866-384-8324

A local business partner can recommend a solution tailored to your needs and goals for the year. A true trusted advisor wouldn't be pushing only one solution or one product, that's like a patient walking into a doctors office and before the patient tells the doctor what is wrong the doctor tells the patient you need some Tylenol LOL

If your goals and needs include saving money, headaches/pains, and having a reliable server that is easy to use, they will recommend a few solutions which may include Lotus Foundations, a complete all in one server solution for small businesses with users between 5-500.

I would recommend you take a look and read their new press they are receiving;

IBM's New Appliance Eases IT Headaches as Small Business Server Alternative

IBM Lotus preps small biz software appliance ? The Register

Microsoft Watch - Server - IBM to Microsoft: It's Small Biz Server War

IBM debuts Lotus Foundations Start appliance - Network World

Good Luck