Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys I am messing around with mysql 5.1.30 on my ubuntu 8.10 setup. I am alittle confused on how accounts work on this system. Say for instance I wanted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Adding accounts onto MySQL

Hi Guys

I am messing around with mysql 5.1.30 on my ubuntu 8.10 setup. I am alittle confused on how accounts work on this system. Say for instance I wanted to host 5 websites on my server, how would I create the accounts for each user?

Just Joined!
    Hi. What do hosting different websites have in common with MySQL? Do you want to have each website with different MySQL user and different DB? Or do you want to have all websites same user, just use different DB's? Do you want to host each site as a different systems user?

Just Joined!
    Hi MrKrabs

I am not too sure tbh honest because I am still in the processing of learning all this stuff. Basically, I want a folder for each user (can probably configure that through apache or something) and want to have a database for each user. Within this DB they create,delete etc as many dbs as they want. I can do this to an extent by using priliages but the problem is that all the users can see EVERY database created regardless of who made it. I have tried to restrict them to one DB, the problem with that is they cannot create their own DBs then...

Linux Guru
    The MySQL documentation is *very* complete.