Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a same that tore had more two years ago.... "I have just installed SME server on its own and plan to use it as a web, mail and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

windows is unable to contact domain controller

I have a same that tore had more two years ago....

"I have just installed SME server on its own and plan to use it as a web, mail and file server for my small network at home.

I have set the server name and workgroup for the domain and also activated SME to act as a domain controller.

However, when I try to set up my xp machine as a member of the domain, I get the message that windows is unable to contact domain controller."

I search for it but didn't find any solution.

Can anyone know the solution for this?

Thanks in Advance......

NCK.

Just Joined!
    I think your probably asking this in the wrong place as its a Win question on a Linux fourm but anyway.....

Your post is quite confusing as you say you have set up a workgroup then say you have activated SME to act as a DC which is kind of contradictory to each other as you can only have one or the other not both.

When you say you have "activated SME to act as a domain controller" by this do you mean you have installed AD to control and broadcast a domain? As with out AD on windows you can't use a domain.