Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am looking for a way to run some windows software game related (non replacable) software on a fedora linux server without x-server. I only manage the server ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Run windows programs on a linux server without x

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to run some windows software game related (non replacable) software on a fedora linux server without x-server. I only manage the server i don't use much linux at home.

The programs needs to be setup ones then they can run unattended. So i need a way to wine it. If i can prepair the package on a linux machine with a x-server to configure the application. Or a way to run windows i some virtual machine in the background.

Maybe someone here has a idea of how i can do it. If so please point me in the right direction because now we need a windows machine running for those software and we can't let our desktops on all day

Thanks for reading, if you can help me pleasee i would be happy.

Kind regards,

Pimmetje

you need to run a windows VM or install windows on the machine, unless the windows software is console only (which I doubt), which you could then just install and run it with wine in console

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the quick replay.

But I can't find a way to let wine run without a display. I only found some things to redirect it to a fack x-screen. But does nobody now a way to do it on a easy way or does easy not work for linux

Maybe someone knows if it is possable to do it in qemu.

going back to my original post, you either need to install windows on the machine or use a windows VM, you don't need a GUI to install vmware server, i'm not sure about any of the others

Just Joined!
    Yes i now the problem is it's a dedicated server. It's not realy possible to remote do it all without any local help. But thx for the replay anyway.