Find the answer to your Linux question:
I host several domains with my dns server bind9 everything is working fine i can register sub domains such as (ex.)123.xyz.com under parent (ex.)xyz.com but i want to be able ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dns

I host several domains with my dns server bind9
    everything is working fine i can register sub domains such as (ex.)123.xyz.com under parent (ex.)xyz.com
    but i want to be able to register (ex.)abc.com without paying for it how would one go about this

lets say i have a dns regisered as (ex.)ns1.xyz.com and i want a domain registered as (ex.)abc.com in my dns (ex.)ns1.xyz.com how would i do this

Thanks...

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by ozman30 View Post
    I host several domains with my dns server bind9
    everything is working fine i can register sub domains such as (ex.)123.xyz.com under parent (ex.)xyz.com
    but i want to be able to register (ex.)abc.com without paying for it how would one go about this

lets say i have a dns regisered as (ex.)ns1.xyz.com and i want a domain registered as (ex.)abc.com in my dns (ex.)ns1.xyz.com how would i do this

Thanks...
    I don't think you can unless you own abc.com domain as well.

Just Joined!
    Ya i think i have came to that conclusion also
    But i do not understand how lets say godaddy uses ns15.whatever.com and ns16.whatever.com to host a block of domains out of the ns.whatever.com server realm. theres gota be a way to be my own domain reg service

Just Joined!
    Solution found
    Well i guess if i want to be my own domain reg service i will need to pay several thousand dollars in licenses fees to become a "TLD" (top level domain)