Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, my local Postfix server relays any incoming mail to the ISP's mailserver. That relayserver requires smtp-authentication, so i built the sasldb2.db with "mailserver.isp.com user@example.org :Password" to do do. That ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix client-side smtp auth. (sasl) against one relay host for multiple users

Hi,
    my local Postfix server relays any incoming mail to the ISP's mailserver. That relayserver requires smtp-authentication, so i built the sasldb2.db with "mailserver.isp.com user@example.org:Password" to do do. That works for one mailaccount.
    The Postfix manual says that you can define different relayhosts with different login each (mail.isp1.com login:Passwd / mail.isp2.org login:Passwd etc.)
    BUT now i have multiple Users to authenticate against one relayhost. Postfix does not know which login/pw to use when he has to authenticate. And the relay won't accept a mail from authenticated user1 when there is a user2 in the 'mail from:'.
    Is my Postfix server not able to parse the 'mail from:' line and use this for a lookup on an sasl-login-table or something like that.
    How can I solve this problem?

Greetings
    Hauke

Just Joined!
    set smtp_sasl_password_maps and smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
    thats it

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyvero View Post
    Hi,
    my local Postfix server relays any incoming mail to the ISP's mailserver. That relayserver requires smtp-authentication, so i built the sasldb2.db with "mailserver.isp.com user@example.org:Password" to do do. That works for one mailaccount.
    The Postfix manual says that you can define different relayhosts with different login each (mail.isp1.com login:Passwd / mail.isp2.org login:Passwd etc.)
    BUT now i have multiple Users to authenticate against one relayhost. Postfix does not know which login/pw to use when he has to authenticate. And the relay won't accept a mail from authenticated user1 when there is a user2 in the 'mail from:'.
    Is my Postfix server not able to parse the 'mail from:' line and use this for a lookup on an sasl-login-table or something like that.
    How can I solve this problem?

Greetings
    Hauke
    Hi Macgyvero ,

currently am facing the same problem. if can you resolve
    that problem please tell me that way or any solution for that ...
    please Help Help HHHHHeeeeeellllllllllppppppp
    am waiting for you reply

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close