I've got a printer attached to my server running the latest Ubuntu Server edition. I can print fine to it through Ubuntu, and have given it full share permissions. However, when I try to print to it over my network from one of my Vista machines, I get a "Access denied, unable to connect." error.
This is where it gets a little weird. It won't let me print to it from any Windows application, but I can send test pages to it with no problem.
When I delete the printer and try reinstalling it on a Vista machine, I get a message "The server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and contact your network administrator or original equipment manufacturer for the correct printer driver." If I click OK, then I can search for and find my printer in the list and it installs but I keep getting the same "Access denied, unable to connect." error.
Does this mean I need to install the Windows driver on the server? And if so, how would I go about doing that?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?