Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, I have a web server setup using Ubuntu 8.04, and Apache2. The problem: I have setup cgiemail which works fine. I have a website setup with a simple test ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cgiemail, no receive email problem

Ok, I have a web server setup using Ubuntu 8.04, and Apache2.

The problem: I have setup cgiemail which works fine. I have a website setup with a simple test page with a email form built into it. Now when I test this email form out from the localhost server itsefl, I fill in the details like name etc etc and clcik SEND and it says Your Form has been Submitted. Great so it works? NO, this is the problem, I dont get any emails sent to the email address. Is this because you cant do this from the localhost server itself and you must use a dfferent computer from somehwere else and do over the internet???? I am so lost, I have tried everything.

No my web server is not a mail server aswell, its just Ubuntu 8.04 standard setup with Cgiemail installed. The web forms are correctly setup. Firewall has ports 25, 110, 80 open yes. Postfix is installed although I dont know how to setup if it needs to be, I did sudo dpkg-reconfigure postfix, thats all. Or do I have to use Send Mail, which is absolutely confusing as Hell to me. Ahhhhhhhhh please me help, my eyes are so tired from trying to figure out this "no receive email problem"

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppp ppppppppp me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As best as I can tell, you do need an external mail program to actually mail the results to you.
    From the cgiemail website.
    Now that we have all this data, what do we do with it? Mail it, of course! But for flexibility, cgiemail requires that you create a mail file to show it what to send. (If you didn't want flexibility you'd use a mailto link.) The program will read this file, perform substitutions, and pass it to the mail system.
    So you might want to try setting up postfix. Here is a howto for that, hopefully it will help you understand a bit more
    Linux Postfix Configuration
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks MIkey, got it sorted, thanks for answering my post,

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted. Enjoy!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.