Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have a strange problem with my Postfix mailserver (version 2.3. . In fact, it blocks on certain mails. I traced the problem down to this: - the mail ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Postfix blocking on certain mails

Hi

I have a strange problem with my Postfix mailserver (version 2.3.. In fact, it blocks on certain mails. I traced the problem down to this:

- the mail enters
    - the mail is passed and scanned by Amavis-New
    - the mail comes back to "virtual" and should be delivered
    - then the "virtual" command blocks an the CPU goes up to 100%

Most of the mails do pass the system correctly, but a few get stuck. Performance is no matter, as there are (actually) only a few 100 requests per hour.

I tried to read the log files (/var/log/mail.log) but it contains no relevant data!

I temporary added the line "daemon_timeout=180" to the /etc/postfix/main.cf file in order to regain control over the server after some time, but this is no solution, as the mails are not getting delivered when the watch-dog kill the blocking command.

Some more details about my configuration:
    - virtual delivery using LDAP
    - Amavis-New via SMTP
    - Postfix 2.3.8 with VDA-patch

I hope somebody could give me a helping hand ....

Just Joined!

Thumbs up Problem bypass

Hi everybody

I installed Postfix 2.3.8-2 (official debian package) without the VDA-patch and the blocking behavior of the mail system disappeared. I re-injected the blocking mails into the active queue and they were correctly delivered.

I finally assume that the VDA-patch has a major bug or problem and that I have to live without mailbox quota