Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I got problem in webmin configuration. I installed lamp server. Now I want to configure/manage this server with the webmin. I installed this package (webmin-1.470.tar.gz). I put this webmin ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wink webmin configuration problem

Hello

I got problem in webmin configuration. I installed lamp server. Now I want to configure/manage this server with the webmin. I installed this package (webmin-1.470.tar.gz). I put this webmin file in document root directory (/var/www/html). In browser when I write http://server name:10000, it shows that this site cannot found.I already check this port (10000) in firewall. there is no problem.

[NB: I actually installed it twice. When I installed/configure webmin first time according to the above process, that time webmin was working. But I got few problem about SSL and some package was not installed properly. Thats why I tried to remove all the webmin file and installed it second time. but now from browser this webmin configuration site can't open.]

can anyone please give me any suggestions in that.

Thank you in advance.

I thought webmin ran as a service? You should start it before you try to access it - something like 'service webmin start' or '/etc/rc.d/init.d/webmin start' as root should do it.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

yes, webmin is seperate from apache and doesn't run under apache. its either a service or inetd listener (can't remember)

and depending on your distro, they have prebuilt versions for most

Webmin

top left has links for rpm, dep, solaris

and if you have ubuntu or debian follow the using apt directions
    Webmin
    and install using apt-get

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close