Find the answer to your Linux question:
Am Trying to set up my Dns server and Get my Domain Name and other to Start up my Own Website Could someone Help me out with anything ?? Am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dns

Am Trying to set up my Dns server and Get my Domain Name and other to Start up my Own Website Could someone Help me out with anything ??

Am looking to start my own website just to miss around on and stuff on Linux Quick leaner looking to adv in Linux.

DNS is one of the more advanced topics in linux (not really linux, but networking as a whole. ) and is not an easy thing to do. However, I would suggest you google around for information on BIND (berkely internet nameserver daemon, .... or something like that) and for named. They are actualy the same thing (usualy) and are the most popular form of DNS in use right now.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Just Joined!
    So your Telling me i Pick the hardest Thing to do lol thats Nice hehe But yeah i Just started Using Linux 3 days ago and got on the Fourms and i got some Games Running on Linux like CSS and ether saga. Lookinng to get Warhammer Online next. but anyway thank you for the advise and if you go anything you can give me or to the Community

I wouldn't say it is the hardest thing, and it is far from impossible, but it is not an easy topic to grasp. I can teach someone how to use vi in 20 minutes, I can teach someone to compile a program from source and learn how to configure only what they need in 30 minutes. It would take me 5 or more hours to teach someone DNS to the point of them being able to do it again on their own. I'm glad to help you with whatever, just be prepared to put the time in to learn this stuff.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

Best tip: get your domain first, then use one of the DNS hosting sites to get you on the network. Then read about DNS then read some more. Then read more about security. Getting on the net is the easy part. Keeping your stuff secure is the hard part.

If you really want to learn DNS the I would suggest you start with this book, DNS and BIND. It is a really good book that goes into details.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted