Find the answer to your Linux question:
My config: Fedora Core 2, Sendmail, Mailman 2.1.4 (all software preinstalled with OS) I am having problems with Mailman forwarding posts sent from known users. Mailman will not act on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mailman listserve not forwarding member posts?

My config: Fedora Core 2, Sendmail, Mailman 2.1.4 (all software preinstalled with OS)

I am having problems with Mailman forwarding posts sent from known users. Mailman will not act on these post in any way. I don't receive a moderation email, etc. for that post.

If an email is received from an unknown address, I will receive a moderation email and can accept, deny, etc. the post. In short, it seems that if an address DOES exist in a list's subscribers list, it will completely ignore the post and no one will ever see the post.

Being that Mailman was installed along with the Fedora installation, there wasn't too much setup to do. What I did do:

1. Added my site into the virtual sites section of the mm_cfg.py file
    2. Created a mailman list, and set it up as the site list.
    3. Set up my site password.
    4. Created a test list called "testlist" with my email as the list admin.
    5. Added my email to the subscribers list.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Answer found.

Apparently Fedora sets up sendmail to only allow connections from localhost in its sendmail.cf file. Changing the value of the DaemonPortOptions value from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0 allowed my stuff to work.

Although I never received any replies to my queries, maybe someone else will need help and see this post.