Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am fairly new to Linux -- using Redhat 9 to run a small web server with a couple lightly used discussion boards. However, I noitice that when I restart ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Failed - stopping of MySQL

I am fairly new to Linux -- using Redhat 9 to run a small web server with a couple lightly used discussion boards.

However, I noitice that when I restart the machine, I get a "failed" message for stopping MySQL and also for "Starting killall - MySQL."

Is there something I should be doing to correct this situation?

(MySQL is being used solely for the discussion boards, and there has been a little trouble with threads opening slowly.)

I appreciate any advice -- but need it in basic terms because I have little experience with Linux, servers, or databases.

Re: Failed - stopping of MySQL

are you getting that message on "STARTING" of your machine? hmmmmmmmmm ok check the pid for MySQL and your log file too and give some details what your logfile says.

By the way how you installed your mysql?

Just Joined!
    I am getting this message when shutting down. I see nothing out of the ordinary at startup.

Installation was part of an "install everything" and i don't believe that these failure messages were there the first few weeks I ran the server.

MySQL server log is empty.

Boot log shows:
    Oct 2 09:41:09 www mysqld: Stopping MySQL: failed
    Sep 30 17:26:48 www mysqld: Stopping MySQL: failed
    Sep 29 05:27:36 www mysqld: Stopping MySQL: failed

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close