Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im looking at moving a friends website from shared to a VPS or Dedicated server. His website isn't the most optimized, but he's getting around 700,000 page impressions a month. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LAMP Setup memory usage

Im looking at moving a friends website from shared to a VPS or Dedicated server. His website isn't the most optimized, but he's getting around 700,000 page impressions a month. He's basically running a blog, so theres nothing to crazy going on. Right now hes running off a hosting company that offers application memory and hes running a private PHP stack, but hes constantly running over his allocated resources.

Now I run my own LAMP setup that I use for development purposes, but since it only servers me and a few of my buddy's and doesn't get any massive traffic I really have no idea what a website like my friends would require in terms of memory. My guess is that I could set something up with 512 MB that would work. I plan on running Cent OS 5.3

Now he's also looking at launching a new website with in the next few months, and he would really like to host them on the same server (try and save some money). It will start out small but hes hoping it will be at around 100,000 impressions a month within a year.

Linux Newbie
    Hi,

1. what is that you are mentioning 512 M /traffic/ram...etc
    2. if you are striping Apache that is good but if you are using control
    panel like cpanel its better to switch to light speed

For big hits light speed is good
    Regards
    David Anand
    -->Success is the list of failures ...!!!