Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'll admit to not being very wise in the ways of administering sendmail. My question is this. We have an app that will send out a bunch of emails to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sendmail configure question

I'll admit to not being very wise in the ways of administering sendmail.
    My question is this.
    We have an app that will send out a bunch of emails to customers via our external email gateway configured as DSsmtpxxx. We have already determined they are in error.
    So the question posed to me is can I stop those emails from getting sent, ie. just let them get stored locally and then delete them?

I know in the past I've had issues with sendmail being misconfigured and mail pilling up (check via mailq) so I kind of want to do that again. Just not sure how exactly.
    If I shutdown sendmail will that work, mail spools to /var/spool/mqueue and then I can just delete it or how do I accomplish this? If I remove my DSsmtp: entry mail doesn't go to my external gateway server so I can stop it that way but again I'm not really sure...

Just Joined!
    I think if I just pick in an erroneous smart host entry my mail will fail and I think the messages will just pile up as messages that couldn't be delivered and then I can delete them out of the senders mail file?